We at El Dorado Chevrolet are proud to be part of the Dallas community. We also know that our area is a great place to have fun, even when on a budget. Therefore, we have compiled some of our favorite free things to do around Dallas.
- Public ArtWalk Dallas – A self-guided 3.3-mile route with many pieces of art and architecture in the Arts District and downtown. For a downloadable map, visit http://publicartwalkdallas.org/en/index.shtml
- Founder’s Plaza – An open park area in the center of downtown which includes a replica of the city’s founder’s log cabin.
- Deep Ellum – Dallas has many neighborhoods to explore, but this one is the epicenter of music. This was where jazz and blues rang out over 100 years ago. Today it is home to many art galleries, music venues, and restaurants. It is an area worth exploring.
- M-Line Trolley – Travel in style for free with the vintage trolley that runs uptown and around the Arts District.
- Free Museums – There are many museums around Dallas that offer free admission. Some of our must-see museums include: The Dallas Museum of Art, The Samurai Collection at The Ann & Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum, Crow Collection of Asian Art, and the African American Museum
- Model trains at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas – Eight trains run simultaneously at this exhibit which is the largest permanent model train display in the country.
- Fantasy Landing at Kiest Park – This playground earned an “A” on DallasChild’s Safety Report Card by having fun kid- and handicap-friendly structures.
- Fountain Place – This internationally recognized fountain is an oasis of colorful flowers, waterfalls, 172 bubbler fountains and a central fountain.
Dallas is a great place to visit and an even better place to live. If you want to travel around and see all that Dallas has to offer, stop by El Dorado Chevrolet to get the perfect car for driving around the city.