Now that 2018 is here, you have the opportunity to make some changes in your life. While you might be considering living healthier or saving money, we have a few car safe resolutions for you to consider.
- Never use your phone behind the wheel. Every year, thousands of people die in accidents related to cell phone use. Make sure you are not the cause of one of these accidents by resolving to keep your phone away while you drive.
- Make safety a priority. If you have plans for a new car this year, put safety features at the top of your priority list. Perhaps even spend a bit more to get advanced active features.
- Use proper car seats. If you have young children, make sure they are using a car seat that is appropriate for their age and size. Children 12 and under need to be in the back seat. And, children should be in a booster seat until they are at least 4-foot 9-inches tall.
- Always use seat belts. While seat belt usage is more universal than ever, there are still deaths that could be avoided simply by buckling up. Make sure you and all your passengers are secure before you start driving.
Which of these car safe resolutions will you be committing to this year? If you are looking for a new, safer car, visit us at El Dorado Chevrolet.
Car-themed Halloween costumes can be fun for adults and kids alike. Here’s some fun ideas if you want to celebrate the season like a gear head.
- An Actual Car: All it takes is a cardboard box, some fake wheels, and a way to attach the car to your body. With some craftiness, you’ve got a costume. Use your imagination when decorating your “car”; you can make it look like a real car or something unique like the Batmobile.
- Driver’s License: This one only takes a rectangular sheet of cardboard, cutting out a hole the size of your face, and some paint. Bonus points if you purposely make an awkward face or look terrible.
- Road Sign: Like the driver’s license, all you need for this one is some cardboard and a bit of creativity. Make a fake Stop sign, a Pedestrian Crossing sign, Road Closed Ahead sign, or something else.
- Race Car Driver: This one gives you a lot of leeway in terms of colors and patterns, but you’ll still be immediately recognizable. Accessorize with a checkered flag.
- Used Car Salesman: It’s time to put on your best impression of a tacky salesman and get into character with a plaid suit, a comb-over wig, and maybe even a fake cigar.
These awesome ideas for car-themed Halloween costumes will be sure to win a costume contest this October! If you dress up, come over to El Dorado Chevrolet so we can see your handiwork.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. It falls on May 14th this year, so there is still time to prepare a gift for your mom, wife, or other significant woman in your life. If your wife or mother is like most moms, she likely spends a lot of time in the car, driving to and from work, shuttling the kids here and there, and running errands. That is why car gifts for mom are not a bad idea.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Car detailing – If the mom in your life is constantly toting children from one activity to the next, odds are high, her car is pretty dirty and covered in everything little kids leave behind. Surprise her with a car detailing so it looks and smells like new again.
- Satellite radio – Give her the gift of listening to whatever music she wants wherever she is without commercials. If her car is equipped with satellite radio already, buy her a subscription.
- Love notes – Write out a bunch of love notes and leave them hidden away in her car. Some she will find right away, but others might not appear for months. Every note she finds will fill her with joy.
If you want to get some car accessories for your mom, come visit us at El Dorado Chevrolet.