Are you planning to take you car to college this year? Whether you are starting your freshman year or you’re a “fifth year senior,” there are some steps you should take ahead of time to keep your car safe and in good shape.
Here are some tips to prepare your car for college:
- Make sure that your vehicle is up-to-date on any inspections and oil changes. If you have been annoying any dashboard lights, now is the time to address them.
- Check out your tires – looking for air pressure, tread, and alignment – and see that they are in good shape before you go.
- Write a list of all the regular, routine maintenance that your owner’s manual indicates you should follow, and put those dates in your calendar.
- Also, if you are going to school in a different state, familiarize yourself with any differences in their driving-related laws.
- Lastly – visit your school ahead of time to secure a parking pass or otherwise confirm that you will be able to park somewhere.
For more advice – or to start the semester out behind a new set of wheels – contact us or visit us anytime, here at El Dorado Chevrolet.