Team Chevy has taken home quite a few wins before, and has a great reputation at Daytona Speedway. Team Chevy and the Daytona 500 have a great history. Here are some great facts about Chevy at Daytona 500:
- Chevy will lead the field to the green flag for the fourth consecutive season in the Daytona 500.
- Chevy had more cars than anyone else in the Daytona 500 this year, with 20 racing vehicles vs. 11 Fords and 9 Toyotas.
- Though the overall win this year went to a Toyota driver, Chevrolet won two of the last three Daytona 500 races.
- Chevy is the most successful manufacturer with 23 victories in the Daytona 500.
- This year, a new Chevrolet Injector was put in all engines.
- The new “Digital Dashboard” is now required to be used in all NASCAR Sprint Cup Series cars.
The Daytona 500 is just the start of the 2016 NASCAR Spring Cup Series. You can watch Team Chevy take home more wins in more races – because they’re sure to! Even without the Daytona 500 win, we’re all proud of Team Chevy, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and other amazing Chevy drivers.