Looking for a way to have some wintry fun in Dallas in the New Year? Try out one of these fun ideas:
- Taste some Friendship Tea at Dallas Arboretum: Because of the warm weather in Texas, you can enjoy the Dallas Arboretum year-round. From January 5 through February 28, you can visit daily to enjoy delicious Friendship Tea at the DeGolyer House at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Learn more about this elegant tea party here.
- Ride the waves at Epic Waters: Nearby Grand Prairie, Texas, is home to the nation’s largest indoor water park, meaning you can enjoy water slides, pools, and more no matter the weather. Epic Waters boasts the tallest indoor AquaLoop slide, the world’s first slide with a fusion inner tube for simulated zero gravity, and the first indoor double rider. Learn more here.
- Watch in amazement at Supercross Live: The AMA Supercross motorcycle racing competition is coming to nearby Arlington for its eighth round on February 22, at AT&T stadium. Witness thrill races, jumps, and more, but don’t wait to get your tickets. Learn more here.
- Get your last fill of the lights: Christmas may have passed, but the Dallas Zoo Lights event continues through early January. Visit to have one last night of Christmas magic. Learn more here.
Make sure your car is up for the challenge of winter driving by scheduling a maintenance check at El Dorado Chevrolet.
The city of Dallas has so much to offer, from delicious restaurants to educational museums to a roaring nightlife. Looking for something unique this season? Here are four things to do in Dallas this summer:
- Little Elm Craft Brew and Que: If you love delicious barbecue and even more delicious beer, this is one event you won’t want to miss. About 45 minutes north of downtown Dallas is Little Elm Park, which will play host to this event on June 2nd from 4 to 9pm. There will be live music in a family-friendly atmosphere with food and drinks, as well as beer sampling tickets, available for purchase.
- Decks in the Park: Head to Klyde Warren Park for this free music event on Thursday, June 21st, from 5 to 10pm. The festival features DJs from a variety of genres playing live music. On-site food trucks will provide refreshment.
- Quakecon: Video gamers, unite! This event, held at Gaylord Texan from August 9th through the 12th, is a non-stop video game festival—just remember to register online and bring your own computer.
- Texas Outdoor Musical: If you love live outdoor entertainment, then don’t miss the Texas Outdoor Musical at Palo Duro Canyon State Park, open Tuesdays through Sundays all summer. Get more info here.
For even more ways to celebrate the warm weather this summer, contact us at El Dorado Chevrolet. We’ll gladly recommend our favorite local pastimes.